login.php?sid=77eb80e065a7bfa694b7cb34e385a9f6 profile.php?mode=register&sid=77eb80e065a7bfa694b7cb34e385a9f6 faq.php?sid=77eb80e065a7bfa694b7cb34e385a9f6 memberlist.php?sid=77eb80e065a7bfa694b7cb34e385a9f6 search.php?sid=77eb80e065a7bfa694b7cb34e385a9f6 index.php?sid=77eb80e065a7bfa694b7cb34e385a9f6

malasay.com Forum Index » Al Harari in Ethiopia » Journey to Harar - 2006 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  View previous topic :: View next topic 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Also, couple of days ago I interviewed Hajj Yusuf Ahmed Idris, one of the remaining survivors of Kulub Movement in Harar.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:32 pm Reply with quote
ahnedfa

Again Get back to issue My dear brother. You think you only you are the better than every one else. You wrong. There are many intellegent hararis who are not braging and who are making a vdiffrence on many hararis life.

again go back to real issues.

Dear Malsay

you asked me to oppolegize to Ahha. For what? You are not fair. I appreciate what you do for your people and at the same time I asked you to be open mind when you comment on idea and suggestions. Do not take side see it as it is.

I understand you own the site. But it wrong to tell Gishta and my self to go some where else. I do not think any one of us are problems or problem makers. Gishta was only trying to well come all different issue that are comming from diffrent direction. Why are you asking him to oppolegeze? the respond from Ahhaa was was loud and clear. He said I was complaining and hidding my self, He was wrong I raised a consern that heard and exprience fist hand. If you guys want to hear only what you want to hear you right we have to go some where were we will be heard.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:19 am Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

ahnedfa wrote:
Again Get back to issue My dear brother. You think you only you are the better than every one else. You wrong. There are many intellegent hararis who are not braging and who are making a vdiffrence on many hararis life.

again go back to real issues.

Dear Malsay

you asked me to oppolegize to Ahha. For what? You are not fair. I appreciate what you do for your people and at the same time I asked you to be open mind when you comment on idea and suggestions. Do not take side see it as it is.

I understand you own the site. But it wrong to tell Gishta and my self to go some where else. I do not think any one of us are problems or problem makers. Gishta was only trying to well come all different issue that are comming from diffrent direction. Why are you asking him to oppolegeze? the respond from Ahhaa was was loud and clear. He said I was complaining and hidding my self, He was wrong I raised a consern that heard and exprience fist hand. If you guys want to hear only what you want to hear you right we have to go some where were we will be heard.

You missed my point. I have never said I am better than any body or i am doing better than any one. I do what i think right. Any one claims better than any body is a sign of weekness. You have the right to complain or claim issue as you are a concerned harari. You should ask why I said it is hard to identify oneself instead of jumping up and down. I will tell you again I have no intention to know who you are period. Stop complaining and go to the issue. Still if you need your issue to be heard please contact Br Mohammed Don't change the issue and try to flip flop the subject. Malasay has neve took side he gave his openion based on what he read. I am sure you miss understood my first respond to you. I will say it again and again if you think I wanted to know who you are you absoulutly interpret my writing wrong I have no intention to know who you are unless you wanted me to know you. If you need more discussion and wanted to know me better please let us discuss thiss off the forum my email aadus@roger.com. Let us not interpt the report of Malasay journy to ethiopia.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:47 pm Reply with quote
gishta

I think there is a big mis communication going on. i understand when malasay said go somewhere else, he meant to start other topic for the discussion. the title of the topic is al harari in ethiopia. some call this thread hijacking or something. but you can just make a topic, like, involving more youth for the soccer, or not involoving more youth
or whatever

but
Malasay, I AING APOLOGIZING. so there

but, sorry for hijacking your thread.

and please let us know your stories at the home front. very educational for me.

As for Ahaa. ok. you didn't mean to ask the name. just try not to sound so defensive. part of being organizer is being patient. its like everyone else is a customer so you have to smile and give.

let there be love..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:59 am Reply with quote
shahida1

malasay wrote:
Sunday Feb. 25th,

Some of the farm dogs seemed to enjoy chasing after the cars or perhaps they did it as a duty to keep intruders away. However, trust you in me the dogs ran pretty fast. I believe we were chased by a dog at three different locations. For those of us in the pickup truck the dogs chasing after us meant nothing, but for those on the motorcycle (Yimadge and his passenger, Abdulfetah Mohammed Bekri - composer of Dedaiya) it was a different story. They had to do evasive maneuvers to avoid the dog. Abdulfetah had to pick rocks and try to scare the dog and dissuade them from the chase. When that did not work ? speed and territory was the only thing standing between the motorcycle and the dogs. Thank God nobody was hurt and we had a good laugh from the episode.

!

i hope you caught that on film Laughing

and as for throwing rocks at poor dear little doggies , im calling the animals' rights guys . Wink

sounds like fun(to watch)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:06 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

ahnedfa wrote:

when did he say he is better than everyone else? What you are doing is attacking the person ... and not addressing the original issue.

Quote:
Dear Malsay

you asked me to oppolegize to Ahha. For what?

It is good you asked. If you remember your first reply to him... it was thus: "It is none snce every time different idea or suggesion or question comes up, you have a negative atittuede. Please Come down."

in an argument ... I do not believe in generalizing and painting people in negative brush. What ahaa suggested was a simple thing ... for you to contact me in private and express your opinion, and for me to address that concern. He was not saying anything more. Unfortunately you decided to make it more than what it is, and you chose to attack him personally and in a generalized way. Excuse me for disagreeing with you ... but i didn't see what he said as being negative or him wanting to know who you are.

And in an argument, I believe in addressing an issue and not attacking the person. You could have said his argument was valid or invalid, but to say that ?every time different idea or suggesion or question comes up, you have a negative atittuede? is an invalid argument. And it does nothing to address the issue at hand.

It is for this reason that I asked you to apologize.

The same goes for gishta. We can disagree about the original intention of ahaa, but when he explained his version as Muslims we should give the benefit of doubt and accept his views. What happened to the teaching of the Prophet (SAW) about making 70 excuses for your follow believers?

Quote:
You are not fair. I appreciate what you do for your people and at the same time I asked you to be open mind when you comment on idea and suggestions. Do not take side see it as it is.

I try to be as fair as i can, and fairness requires that i take side after judging the matter in its own merits. Trust me there were times that i disagreed with ahaa, and vice versa. But I didn't see anything wrong with what he said at the moment. He wasn't asking who you were or expressing desire to know who you were/are.

Quote:

This has nothing to do with owning the site. I was suggesting you should start a new thread in this forum, and not to leave the forum all together. However, you are a free man and you can do whatever you choose.

As far as the youth group issue in Harar is concerned... i'm still waiting for you to give me your information so i can raise it with them while i am still in Harar. I have already addressed the issue with them, and they told me membership is open to any youth that accepts their by-laws. If you have information contrary to that please do provide it and i will have further discussion with them.

Let's not second guess a person's intention after the person clearly tells us what he meant over and over.

As for asking Gishta to apologize... she assumed that ahaa was wanting to know who you were. Reading what ahaa posted on this issue from beginning to end does not leave me with such impression. He clarified what he meant, and to keep on insisting that he wanted to know who you are seems a bit unfair to me... whether it is coming from u or gishta.

But to actually apologize or not is up to you guys. But i voiced my opinion as an individual and not as a site admin? and that is the end to the matter.

w/peace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:15 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

shahida1 wrote:

and as for throwing rocks at poor dear little doggies , im calling the animals' rights guys . Wink

Well, trust me the dogs were neither dear nor little. Animal rights guys in Africa? Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:01 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

I have left Harar and gone to Addis. Insha'Allah I will be going back to Harar in less than a week.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Today I met with Ustad Ahmed Khalil, the secretary for the Kulub movement, and discussed several Harari issues with him.

I also met br. Wahib Ture and he arranged a meeting/interview session for me with Dr. Lapiso to discuss Imam Ahmed and other Harari historic events. Thank you br. Wahib!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Biraq UL Harar

Dear Melasay,
When I read your posting about ?Korome?, I was possessed by the Devil of Anger. I am wrestling with ?Eblis? while writing. What the hell were we doing while our fellow Hararies live at this stage of poverty???? Why the hell didn?t we hear about it till Malasay (May the Lord bless him) visit them?????????? Who is responsible for our negligence????? I am mad, very?very mad at my self and every harari who had full knowledge about this area and didn?t share with us. This is my first time hearing about this village, I am sorry about my ignorance. We have the guts to say our number is small while our siblings annihilated by poverty.
Action: My mind is not working properly, but what I see first is transportation. Yes, this people need paved road to get access to transportation.
I will come buck when I calm down. Evil or Very Mad

Biraq Ul Harar

Last edited by Biraq UL Harar on Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Korome
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Biraq UL Harar

Dear Malasy reders,
I assume this village is under Oromia State. Is there a way to approach the Oromia state administration responsible to that region and present the plight of our people?
Can we compile a development project plan and discus it with the Oromia state administrators? Should ad hock committee from Diaspora or Harari State administrators assume this responsibility?
The frustrated Biraq
Ps. If it is necessary you can start a new thread.
Idea
Re: Korome
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:55 am Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Biraq UL Harar wrote:
Dear Melasay,
When I read your posting about ?Korome?, I was possessed by the Devil of Anger. I am wrestling with ?Eblis? while writing. What the hell were we doing while our fellow Hararies live at this stage of poverty???? Why the hell didn?t we hear about it till Malasay (May the Lord bless him) visit them?????????? Who is responsible for our negligence????? I am mad, very?very mad at my self and every harari who had full knowledge about this area and didn?t share with us. This is my first time hearing about this village, I am sorry about my ignorance. We have the guts to say our number is small while our siblings annihilated by poverty.
Action: My mind is not working properly, but what I see first is transportation. Yes, this people need paved road to get access to transportation.
I will come buck when I calm down. Evil or Very Mad

Biraq Ul Harar

Yes, it is very sad. I'll tell you one story. Shortly after we arrived in Korome we bought some sweet potatoes from the villagers to give them some business. We ate the sweet potatoes and threw the peals on the ground. A little girl picked it from the ground and started eating it with the dirt. It was a very sad scene to see. We bought the remaining sweet potatoes and distributed it to all the kids around. That's the level of poverty that exists among the people of korome.

Last edited by malasay on Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:21 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:07 am Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Biraq UL Harar wrote:
Dear Malasy reders,
I assume this village is under Oromia State. Is there a way to approach the Oromia state administration responsible to that region and present the plight of our people?
Can we compile a development project plan and discus it with the Oromia state administrators? Should ad hock committee from Diaspora or Harari State administrators assume this responsibility?
The frustrated Biraq
Ps. If it is necessary you can start a new thread.
Idea

Dear Biraq,

Actually the village is under the Harari Regional State. The regional State has built a good size school for the villagers, and subjects are thought in the Harari language as well.

What is lacking is the active participation of Hararis and Harari organizations to tackle this problem. We need to be organized and be able to respond to the needs of our people effectively. Abadir school in Harar is crumbling down. The roofs have caved in and the stairs are gone. Children still play around such dangerous structures. If Hararis can't even sustain the schools that they have attended, what chance has Korome got to attract our attention?

We need to be connected to Harari affairs no matter where the location is, and we should be willing to put our money where our heart is ... and this need to be done in an organized and transparent manner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Biraq UL Harar

Discuvery of Korom!!!!!!! by Al-harari

I have been thinking the whole night. Is Korome Blessing in disguise? Is this a chance given to us by the Almighty to redefine ourselves? Hararies in 15th century?. What about hiring a local historians and sociologists to write every thing about Korome?Before we change the demographics and socio economics?.

We speck harari mixed with other languages? Do Korome people speck pure indigenous harari language????

Thank you Malasay for the info (You are true discuverer...you opened my eyes...May The Almighty bless you)... by the way what does Korome mean in Harari????
It is good that Korome is in harari region?.What king of research is our ministry of culture and sport conducting in Korome. For those of us who want to conduct research in harari history, culture and linguistic who will be our point of contact?????

Personal Opinion: We need harari farmers at present time and in the future (for political, sociological and economical reasons). Therefore, it is imperative that this people remain farmers, not migrate and at the same time economically sound. I request all harari intellectuals to ponder on this?let us brain storm?. Idea
I will be back
Biraq
The First Step to help our needy people
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Ilalami

Assalamu Aleykum All,

First and most I would like to thank Malasay (M.H.Duri) truly a proud legacy carrier for introducing and bringing to our attention the forgotten or neglected Korome Hararis on the world wide web. This is my first time to hear about Korome, however I?m not new to the lively conditions of the people since I grew up in a small town and visited several farming - villages and shared their life experience as a kid and a young teenager. These may not be Hararis but poor and disadvantaged people as Korome.

If I may remind some of us at least I know 60 or more Hararis during our refugee life journey in 1982 - 1983 that we came across challenges through refugee camps in Somalia (Biya hiren) and the Mogadishu concentration camp of Shallambood. Does any one remember at Shallambood where we used the only one cooking pot for over 50 of us just to cook the rice full of worms (we called them our protein) for our meal and fight over it eating with our bare hand with no concern to burns the food as hot as 80degrees Celsius . In 1983 I never forget one day it was my turn cooking, collected fire wood from the bushes, started the fire, inhaled the smoke until I was chalked and almost fainted due to lack knowledge in cooking and finally when the rice was done within seconds disappeared before my eyes among a group of 15. I?m sure there are so many stories in Djebuti some of you who slept on card boxes on street, harassed by authorities and beaten. I also remember the day I didn?t eat all day and rescued by my Somali neighbors in Camp Biya Hiren. After their discovery of me and my room mates situation they helped us for a month three times a day meal we never expected.

We came over those tough challenges with the help of one way or another from family, friends, UNHCR and sponsoring countries government assistance and mange to migrate to North America to live the better life we enjoy today. Without those help our life would not be the same.

For our people such us Korome the tough challenging life may seem the norm until they test what normal life would be and I hope we can make some changes to better their situation with the help of Allah Almighty and establishing our strength through our Harari Organizations and with the help of our Harari StateGovernment.

Tears, rage and blaming our government alone doesn?t help. However raising our concern and as Malasay spelled out ?We need to be connected to Harari affairs no matter where the location is, and we should be willing to put our money where our heart is ... and this need to be done in an organized and transparent manner? is the best way to go.

? Wherever we are the first step I think we should do is to go and register as a full member and participant in our Harari Community Organizations.
? Where there isn?t organization then establish one. I also believe Establishing Charitable Organizations will help connecting with other various charitable organizations and learn how they get sponsors and help people in other countries.
? To give you a simple example, does any one remember back in the early 60s and early 70s the American Peace Corp teachers? http://www.ethiopiaeritrearpcvs.org/pages/posts/bigmap.html These people were foreign teachers in Ethiopia and now established charitable organization and helping in Ethiopia. Does any one from Harar recognize these teachers? http://www.ethiopiaeritrearpcvs.org/pages/posts/ethiopia/harar.html . The only reason why I mention this is just to show how even foreigners who were just there for a couple of years cared and started helping our people.
? Lastly I would like to mention one comment made by our former Harari President His Excellency Fuad Ibrahim with respect to their expectations from Hararis Diaspora during the LA meeting in 2005. ?If you are not very well organized as a community here I doubt you will be able to help us back home? also ? We sacrifice our life over there for our rights freedom and democracy, we need your organized effort and support to help us abroad? . Also our X. Mayer His Hon. Zaidan Bakri was strongly urging us to establish a sustainable Harari organizations every where in NA. I strongly believe the first thing to do is join our Harari Organizations in our area, help them get strong, participate actively as much as we can, invest our knowledge, time and financial resource in them to achieve their goals. Help them with all creative ideas of short term and long term plans. Most of all respect our leaders and give them all the moral support they need and deserve to effectively execute their objectives.

I believe Unity is Strength and with the help of ?Allah ?Almighty? we can make a difference.

Once again Thanks to Malasy (Br.M.H.Duri).

Wasalm,

Ilalami,
Journey to Harar - 2006
malasay.com Forum Index » Al Harari in Ethiopia