login.php?sid=bc5d1b36d5dd41fe9916e9884c8f0b13 profile.php?mode=register&sid=bc5d1b36d5dd41fe9916e9884c8f0b13 faq.php?sid=bc5d1b36d5dd41fe9916e9884c8f0b13 memberlist.php?sid=bc5d1b36d5dd41fe9916e9884c8f0b13 search.php?sid=bc5d1b36d5dd41fe9916e9884c8f0b13 index.php?sid=bc5d1b36d5dd41fe9916e9884c8f0b13

malasay.com Forum Index » General Discussions » Are our single brothers threatened by our educated women?
  View previous topic :: View next topic 

Are our Harari single brothers threatened by an educated Harari woman?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Not Sure
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Are our single brothers threatened by our educated women?
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:59 pm Reply with quote
omalkier

Hi All -

One might wonder where this is coming from?recently I was approached by someone and was told that our Harari brothers are a bit threatened by our educated Harari sisters. At first I did not want to believe it, but then again you never know. So I have decided to ask you guys if this is actually true. Please respond and let us know what you think.

Thanks
-S
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:48 am Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

I believe that is a very interesting question. I don't think it is a 'harari' issue though. I believe there are men who are not comfortable with an educated and strong women, and there are others who are not comfortable in being in a relationship with women making more money than they do. I guess they might see it as a challenge to their 'manhood'.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:07 pm Reply with quote
samish

Choosing a life partner is a very important decisions one has to make in their life. So it is very normal that both men and women check up potential partners about everything including education. As for your question, Are our single brothers threatened by our educated women? My answer is ?may be? Like brother malasay said I don't think it is a 'harari' issue though?.? My question to you is, Are our Harari brothers willing to assume the responsibility of being the man of the house? (I hope you know what I mean by the man of the house) No, I don?t mean one who comes home from work and expects his food on the table, one who wants his clothes washed and ironed and above all, not one who thinks house chore is entirely a woman?s job.
I know a number of well educated Harari women who have a well paying job and are married to less educated men than themselves. These Harari sisters did not intimidate their husbands in way, in fact they pushed them up, encouraged them to go back to school and supported them in every possible way.

Being educated does not necessarily mean having a degree. To me educated person is one who has the ability to converse, share idea, support ?I can go on an on. My point is I think that rational conversations should be the basis of a good relationship, I think that this is what Harari men lack. They are not good communicators.
Harari men feel that if a woman is more book smart than they are, she won't play the traditional role of a woman (cook, housework, child care?.. while he is out for Bercha or jamaa gar)

Hey Harari brothers, don?t be threatened by your educated Harari sisters. You know what they say! behind every successful man there is a woman so take advantage of that.
No matter what we prefer Harari men than any other. Just learn to communicate better.

Proud Harari MOM!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Original_BadiYA

Good point Samish.

Quote:
These Harari sisters did not intimidate their husbands in way, in fact they pushed them up, encouraged them to go back to school and supported them in every possible way

I think this is how all relationships should work. Weather it's the woman who lacks education or tha man, They should both be supportive and encouraging of each other.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:35 am Reply with quote
Original_BadiYA

How true is this?

Last edited by Original_BadiYA on Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:21 am Reply with quote
gishta

yeah samish, tell it like it is.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:52 am Reply with quote
Original_BadiYA

gishta wrote:
I think with scattered communites like us, it is very difficult to find someone to love and love you back. For that to happen, both parties have to meet randomly, really know each other. The way things are now, we meet on occations, learn about each other from other people, its is just difficut. Even then, its still possible, just pray the love and respect for one another goes both ways.

Yah gishta true to that, and I also think
WE/most people just dont know how to communicate with eath other even if we/they are given all the time in the world.
We don't ask the right questions, we don't take the time to understand the other person....and sometimes people just take their partners love for granted and end up hurting each other...

Last edited by Original_BadiYA on Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:59 am Reply with quote
gishta

I don't know the answers to your questions. but here are my two cents on the issue....
Does a person has to be loved to be treated well? If you have to love a person to care enough to treat well, then we'll have problem in the World. we don't love everyone we come in contact with. I think respect and communication is personal thing. But to love or be loved. I would rather have both. I wouldn't want to be with a person I don't like or vise versa. When two peoplel meet the first time, there will be no way of knowing which side you are in. I was just talking to this guy who is soon to wed. He was saying he's having a difficutl time explaining to his bride to be how she should try hard to love him blah blah. He was so serious, I didn't know what to tell him. He said he has to work hard to make her love him. All I can tell is he is committed for the marriage to work and he thinks that's the only way for it to happen. well, he also believe in horoscope too much. went off tangent, didn't I?

malasay.com Forum Index » General Discussions