login.php?sid=75cfa9d626bab5d8a4d6de49f6aa1252 profile.php?mode=register&sid=75cfa9d626bab5d8a4d6de49f6aa1252 faq.php?sid=75cfa9d626bab5d8a4d6de49f6aa1252 memberlist.php?sid=75cfa9d626bab5d8a4d6de49f6aa1252 search.php?sid=75cfa9d626bab5d8a4d6de49f6aa1252 index.php?sid=75cfa9d626bab5d8a4d6de49f6aa1252

malasay.com Forum Index » Health Care » Request for assistance from Harar Goto page 1, 2  Next
  View previous topic :: View next topic 
Request for assistance from Harar
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:48 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Those who spend of their goods by night and by day,
in secret and in public, have their reward with their Lord:
on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.
2:274

Dear brothers and sisters?

As?salamu alaykum. Recently I received an email from Harar, Ethiopia requesting assistance to our sister in Harar, Naema Basha, who needs to have a heart surgery abroad as soon as possible. They have also sent me her medical diagnosis via snail mail. I will send you a copy upon request. Naema is 22 years old.

It is incumbent upon us all to help our brothers and sisters in Harar who do not have the same health care facilities that we have outside of Ethiopia. I urge you all to help in as much as you can. Please don?t close this site without pledging to help the sister who is in need of your assistance. Time is of the essence.

No amount of money is too little. If you can afford only $20 that will also add up to something. If you can afford $50, $100 or more that is also the blessing of Allah, and you will definitely get the reward for your good deeds.

Like I have done with the water project in the past, 100% of your money will go toward what it is intended for, in this case to sister Naema. I will cover the wiring fees. I will also have list of the amount and names of people who contribute, and if you choose to remain anonymous we can state your city or any other info you might wish.

If you choose you can send the money directly to sister Naema. If you live outside of USA, I definitely urge you to send it to her directly. I will give you her contact information upon request. I am pledging $100.

To those of you who wish to send it through me, my address is as follows:

P.O. Box 741113
Dallas, Texas 75374

Please see the attached document for the medical diagnosis. The email I got from Harar is as follows:

Subject: amana waldach
To: mhdaa@yahoo.com

You know what a lot of poverty is among the youth
of our community. Knowing how sympathies you have
always been towards the poor. May we ask to be
contribute something to our member Naema Basha, She is
very sick with cardiac illness and she is referred
abroad to be treated and we would like to ask you for
some favor if you could corporate your friends &
others.

I hope that you will excuse us for troubling and
wasting your time in this matter.
Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
Abdusemed Abdurehman
&
Nuredin Mohammed

Last edited by malasay on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:23 pm; edited 14 times in total

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:58 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

*Mohammed Hassen $100
*Redwan Ahmed $100
*San Jose $100
*San Jose (2) $50
*Abdulnasir Shash $100
*South Carolina $50
*Fahmi Mohamed $100
*Washington State $30
*Mohammed Y. Idris $50
*Fathi Braso $100
*Farid Yahya $100
*Amir Ahmed $200
*Aziza Aboubaker Sai $75
*Pomona $200
*Samira Basha $100
*Durri Hashim $100
*Aida Abella $50
*Hararis in Dallas $90
*Dallas $100
*Hararis in Atlanta $865
*Dallas Harari Women's Association $250
*HICMA (http://www.hicma.com) $500
*Abdurahman Shumburo $50
*zeki kamil $50
*Hararis in Bay Area $395
*Bedri Sherif $100
*Ottawa $232.08 (300 CAD)
Hararis in Toronto $2,170 USD
Hararis in Alberta $2,490 (converting 3130 CAD)
Hararis in Rome $520 ( 445 EUR)
DC $1100
===============================
Total $10,517.08 USD

* These are the payments that I have received so far.*

Last edited by malasay on Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:29 am; edited 47 times in total

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:03 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

As'salamu Alaykum everyone...

I just spoke to the family of sister Naema. They were told that they need 90,000 Birr, which is around $10,500 USD to do the surgery in Saudi.

Imagine if this is your daughter or sister... would you not want others to help if you were in similar situation? Together we can make a difference... one person at a time. Never doubt that.

If there are doctors or health care professionals in US, Canada, Australia, etc who can negotiate with their hospitals to make sister naema's surgery a possibility ... please contact me.

Last edited by malasay on Fri May 20, 2005 7:10 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 12:04 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Goal $10,500
Pledged $10,517.08
========================
Goal is met... jezakum Allah Khair!!

Last edited by malasay on Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:30 am; edited 27 times in total

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:39 pm Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

Glasses. wrote:
We are getting there Inshallah. Brothers and sisters please ask around, ask your friends, family and anyone who will be willing to give and if possible ask your local masjid and other hararis in the community if you are well known.
Like brother Malasay said.....Together with Allah's help, we can save sister Naima Inshallah.
Let's work hard..let's get to work

Inshallah we can help. I did collect some wehre aroud 300 CAN from my berch jama. Inshallah I am waiting from others too. I will brief you when i get finalize it.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

Hazel_lenses wrote:
ahaa wrote:
Glasses. wrote:
We are getting there Inshallah. Brothers and sisters please ask around, ask your friends, family and anyone who will be willing to give and if possible ask your local masjid and other hararis in the community if you are well known.
Like brother Malasay said.....Together with Allah's help, we can save sister Naima Inshallah.
Let's work hard..let's get to work

Inshallah we can help. I did collect some wehre aroud 300 CAN from my berch jama. Inshallah I am waiting from others too. I will brief you when i get finalize it.

Alhamdulilah aha! May Allah reward you. Let's also pray pray pray! Where there is prayer there is hope! Inshallah!

You are absolutly right. I did for got to ask our sheikh to make dua during our weekly "ashir time" majlisl ilm time. Ishallah if sheitan didn't make me forget again I will remmeber to make him dua for her. however we have done dua collectivly when befor we started our bercha last saturday. May alah give us health and welth to allow us to help some one who is needy.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 10:36 pm Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

Hi all

It is really very encourging the encouraging fo the pledge. hopfully we will reach the target inshallah.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:00 am Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

As of May 31st we now have 46% of the fund needed for the surgery. As we all know there is no such thing as 46% surgery. We plan to send whatever we have by June 10th. Therefore, we ask all of you to redouble your efforts by calling friends and family to make sister Naema's surgery a possibility. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

As'salamu alaykum everyone:

I have just been contacted by sister Naema?s family. She has completed all the paper work to travel to Saudi to have the surgery. Therefore, we need to send the money by Monday June 6th, instead of June 10th.

I would like to thank you all for your positive responses regarding sister Naema's situation. I would like to thank ALL those who took it upon themselves to assist in this case by contacting others, and to those who donated generously.

Especially I would like to thank br. Abdul-Aziz Omer who has worked very hard in this matter, and was able to collect $2820 CAD in Alberta, almost 50% of the funds collected. We are truly very fortunate to have a brother like him amongst us.

As for Toronto, I would like to thank brother Abdulwasi Adus for his continued support for humanitarian and Harari causes. Toronto is the Harari capital outside of Ethiopia. We expect more from you guys for such situations. Please contact br. Abdulwasi and contribute to make sister Naema?s surgery a possibility.

Those of you who have been thinking of sending money and haven?t done so yet? please do it now. we have a very limited time. If you are unemployed and/or student and you don?t have money you can assist by contacting others and collecting money.

Khayri jaza.

wasalaam,
Mohammed

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:15 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

I discussed with Naema's sister about sending the money that is available at hand, and I also informed her that there are group of Hararis from Toronto who will be delivering money to Naema in person by June 20th.

The following was the sister's reply.

Quote:

Dear Mohammed,
Aselamu Aleykum werahmetulahi Weberakatuhu

We didn't decide the exact date for Neima's travel to Saudi for her
treatment. The fund mobilized so far wouldn't allow us to send her as
quickly as possible. That mean she will still be here until June 20, 2005.
We don't have the name of the surgeon at Saudi German hospital, But you
can contact Mr. Sherif Salah, Coordinator of Ethiopian Patients through the
telephone No. 05-08-67-32-03

I also spoke with her doctor, who is residing in Washington, DC at the moment. He said it is best to have the surgery as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:47 am Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Iman wrote:
Since i leave in Addis, am planning to get some support from friends and collegues. can i have Neema's address where to send the support, InshaAllah. May Allah help us.

Send me an email at malasay@malasay.com and i will be glad to email you her contact information.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Jezakum'Allah khair to everyone who helped or offered prayers or sympatized with our sister. The money that has been collected in Toronto, $2,170 USD, has been sent in USD cash

The ones i collected will be sent in the coming few days. I am waiting for instructions from the family.

Last edited by malasay on Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:44 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

As'salamu alaykum all:

I have forwarded all the money that was sent to me, which was $4,237 USD to Naema.

The wiring fee was $58.00, which was covered by me as promised.

The exchange rate was 8.63, and the beneficiary will recieve 36,565.31 Birr.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:00 am Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

The Hararis in Alberta have also forwarded the money they collected to Harar, and they have received a confirmation.

USD 2,499.22
Exchange rate 8.6651
Amount in Birr 21,655.99 Birr
Servics charge 54.14 Birr
NET PROOCEDS 21,601.85 Birr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Original_BadiYA

alhamdulilah....

N may Allah bless you for caring about our sister!!!
Request for assistance from Harar
malasay.com Forum Index » Health Care