login.php?sid=4fdcb068881de9fff232aa980d49517f profile.php?mode=register&sid=4fdcb068881de9fff232aa980d49517f faq.php?sid=4fdcb068881de9fff232aa980d49517f memberlist.php?sid=4fdcb068881de9fff232aa980d49517f search.php?sid=4fdcb068881de9fff232aa980d49517f index.php?sid=4fdcb068881de9fff232aa980d49517f

malasay.com Forum Index » History » Amashna
  View previous topic :: View next topic 
Amashna
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:48 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

What is it all about? I have heard of it, but i am not well versed in it. Anybody cares to enlighten us?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2004 6:25 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Badiya wrote:
yes inshallah Smile. amajna? meaning we won.

No, amashna, which is derived from the word mamsha.

Amashna means ... ehm ehm.... it is like when u stay late at night. In this case i believe it was used to say we have been late for education, and some Harari brothers/sisters started a program to educate those who were not.

I dont know how this started, and how it ended. If anyone knows... it'll be kool if they enlighten us.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Original_BadiYA

malasay wrote:
Badiya wrote:
yes inshallah Smile. amajna? meaning we won.

No, amashna, which is derived from the word mamsha.

Amashna means ... ehm ehm.... it is like when u stay late at night. In this case i believe it was used to say we have been late for education, and some Harari brothers/sisters started a program to educate those who were not.

I dont know how this started, and how it ended. If anyone knows... it'll be kool if they enlighten us.

oh, how nice! Sounds like something that should be revived! Sounds like a wonderful program.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:06 pm Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

I believe origanl badiy can find this for us since he know the old stuff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Original_BadiYA

ahaa wrote:

Laughing Well well, well, where should i begin? Amashna started in the 1920's, when i was about 10 years old. Some brothers tried to tutor me in various subjects, but i was a hard head and I refused to be educated; Reason why I am now the Original Badiya. The group Amashna was formed by 4 harari brothers and 10 harari sisters. The sisters were very active and had educated about 100 other sisters before they stopped. Rumors had it, that they stopped because their husbands gave them too much trouble, they couldnt bear it. THey had to qluit their kind service.

If you need more info and clarification i suggest you wait for the knowledgeables/intelectualls to answer.

okey, anyone else reading this........dont believe what i just typed up there.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:50 am Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

Original_BadiYA wrote:
ahaa wrote:

Laughing Well well, well, where should i begin? Amashna started in the 1920's, when i was about 10 years old. Some brothers tried to tutor me in various subjects, but i was a hard head and I refused to be educated; Reason why I am now the Original Badiya. The group Amashna was formed by 4 harari brothers and 10 harari sisters. The sisters were very active and had educated about 100 other sisters before they stopped. Rumors had it, that they stopped because their husbands gave them too much trouble, they couldnt bear it. THey had to qluit their kind service.

If you need more info and clarification i suggest you wait for the knowledgeables/intelectualls to answer.

okey, anyone else reading this........dont believe what i just typed up there.

Mashallah umri berkaw yestekhu wa gidir usuintekhu? Ala akhakhuw yi atay zaboradekhu goyte intachlem yibordanakut duakhobe atrisuna ....baba original badiya!!! Arrow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Original_BadiYA

Anymore questions ? feel free to ask I will be glad to give my old age wisdom.

Last edited by Original_BadiYA on Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:15 am Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

Hi Malasay

I have searched the origin of amshan how starts. there is a book writen history of Amashna and some body promised me will bring it for me. Once I got the info I will present it. Inshallah

A.Adus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 2:36 am Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Thank you, ahaa. I will look forward to it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:13 am Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

Hi

Let me start with this when and how ameshna starts. Amashna start in 50's after Hararis lost in kulub and the organization has been ilimnatated. The purpose of the amsahna school was,When Hararis heard in university languages and culture which have been vanished from Ethiopia and the language and culture that are going to be vanished in a very near future. Among these tribes one of them was harari (gey sinan) language and culture. Avery patriotic individual gathered together and brought the idea of amashna. I will post the name of these individuals and more history next time.

One person told me Amashna stand for ( ahadnetbe malmadle shirtizinabe natkahal)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Ameshna has 2 meanings. One of them is refering to the night school (ameshna), while the other one is to say we are lagging behind.

I have interviewed some of the founders of the Ameshna movement in Canada, including Bedri Basha the originator of the idea of Ameshna. May Allah give him health and long life. I am continuing to interview some people... particularly women teachers and students that took part in Ameshna.

Insha'Allah the documentary should be ready sometimes this year.

malasay.com Forum Index » History