login.php?sid=d09d27ef12fcd7c202c58abddd507262 profile.php?mode=register&sid=d09d27ef12fcd7c202c58abddd507262 faq.php?sid=d09d27ef12fcd7c202c58abddd507262 memberlist.php?sid=d09d27ef12fcd7c202c58abddd507262 search.php?sid=d09d27ef12fcd7c202c58abddd507262 index.php?sid=d09d27ef12fcd7c202c58abddd507262

malasay.com Forum Index » Health Care » how to identify a stroke
  View previous topic :: View next topic 
how to identify a stroke
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:29 am Reply with quote
shahida1

STROKE IDENTIFICATION:

During a BBQ a friend stumbled and took a little fall - she assured everyone that she was fine (they offered to call paramedics) and just tripped over a brick because of her new shoes. They got her cleaned up and got her a new plate of food - while she appeared a bit shaken up, Ingrid went about enjoying herself the rest of the evening.

Ingrid's husband called later telling everyone that his wife had been taken to the hospital - (at 6:00pm, Ingrid passed away.) She had suffered a stroke at the BBQ - had they known how to identify the signs of a stroke perhaps Ingrid would be with us today.

It only takes a minute to read this-

Recognizing a Stroke
A neurologist says that if he can get to a stroke victim within 3 hours he can totally reverse the effects of a stroke...totally. He said the trick was getting a stroke recognized, diagnosed an getting to the patient within 3 hours which is tough.

RECOGNIZING A STROKE
Thank God for the sense to remember the "3" steps. Read and Learn!

Sometimes symptoms of a stroke are difficult to identify. Unfortunately, the lack of awareness spells disaster. The stroke victim may suffer brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke.

Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions:

1. *Ask the individual to SMILE.

2. *Ask him or her to RAISE BOTH ARMS.

3. *Ask the person to SPEAK A SIMPLE SENTENCE (Coherently) (i.e. . . It is sunny out today). If he or she has trouble with any of these tasks, call 9-1-1 immediately and describe the symptoms to the dispatch! er.

After discovering that a group of non-medical volunteers could identify facial weakness, arm weakness and speech problems, researchers urged the general public to learn the three questions. They presented their conclusions at the American Stroke Association's annual meeting last February. Widespread use of this test could result in prompt diagnosis and treatment of the stroke and prevent brain damage.

pass this message to as many people as you can, you might just save a life. Smile
I woz gonna post the same thing
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote
eliaso

I got this information from an email and I thought where to post it, and thought of Malasay as a good place to share this info. But you beat me to it! Rolling Eyes
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:30 am Reply with quote
gishta

Shahida 1,

big ups for sharing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:39 am Reply with quote
shahida1

^^ ur welcome
hehe thought id post a reply just to see how long my name will last on the forum again Laughing
WOW its been months since i was here, thanks for posting
inshallah now im back in full force Exclamation
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:07 am Reply with quote
shahida1

^^ erm.. i dont quite think this is the topic to post your query Very Happy unless u meant to go on a health sorta tour ie health spas etc

seriously thought, i guess it would depend where ur from
i saw some articles once in the local papers on costs of travelling to and around ethiopia, must visit places, cuisine etc. in fact they gave a website but ive forgotten it now :-/

''... O mankind! Your rebellion is against your own selves,...'' (Quran 10:23)
how to identify a stroke
malasay.com Forum Index » Health Care