login.php?sid=fc66c7a1c62b763f7e4be917a79f88e2 profile.php?mode=register&sid=fc66c7a1c62b763f7e4be917a79f88e2 faq.php?sid=fc66c7a1c62b763f7e4be917a79f88e2 memberlist.php?sid=fc66c7a1c62b763f7e4be917a79f88e2 search.php?sid=fc66c7a1c62b763f7e4be917a79f88e2 index.php?sid=fc66c7a1c62b763f7e4be917a79f88e2

malasay.com Forum Index » Harar 2007 » 2007 sport festival in harar
  View previous topic :: View next topic 
2007 sport festival in harar
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 6:41 am Reply with quote
Biraq UL Harar

I think creating some sort of discussion form is important to exchange ideas between Diaspora and the host. From such discussions, the host specifically the program manager may be able to capture some ideas that may help him/her prepare better.
Let me throw some questions that may initiate fruitful discussion.

1. The main reason for setting the date to July 4in Noth America was because a) school is closed b) it is summer c) long weekend
Questions:
a) July is month of ?Hamle? in Ethiopia, which winter i.e. rainy season?.in Ethiopia summer start around ?Tahsas? month which is December. Do we want our gathering in Harar in winter or summer? (open for the discussion)
b) are schools closed at least for more than three weeks in July for Diaspora kids?(question for students and teachers)
c) What is the best time of the year when majority of employees get vacation?

2. In North America the host city borrow money from individuals and Afochas to cover preparation expenses.
Questions:
a)What will be the source of money for Harar to host this big fest?
b)Isn?t the government budget under constant audit from tigres (feds)?
c)Do Diaspora afochas have any plan to help? If yes, how soon?When?

3. How many people will attend? Does the project manager deserve to have some sort of info to allocate his/her resources? How soon will the Afochas of Diaspora provide this info to the host?

I think this will suffice for today

Biraq ul Harar

Last edited by Biraq UL Harar on Tue May 30, 2006 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:02 am Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

Hi Biraq

You raised essential quesions and need to be address and need intencieve discusion about it. I suggest after 2006 town hall meeting we will have HSCF excutive comittee which will be stablished with the presence of our honarable presdent Murad Abdulhadi and his delegates. Once the the commitee stablished along with the HSCF BOD's we will ask them to open good forum and give more attention for it.

For now we would like to focous on 2006 event in Toronto. Your suggestion adn participation is appreciated

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Biraq UL Harar

Dear Signor Ahaa,
Quote:
For now we would like to focous on 2006 event in Toronto. Your suggestion adn participation is appreciated

"WE"... Can you please put a list?

Why should we have to wait to start discussion until?
Quote:
HSCF excutive comittee which will be stablished with the presence of our honarable presdent Murad Abdulhadi and his delegates

Why postpone things that need "timely" discussion and solution?

Biraq
ps. Did you become addmin for this thread or for the whole Malasay?
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:39 pm Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

Quote:
"WE"... Can you please put a list?

When I say We me you and all hararis

Quote:
Why should we have to wait to start discussion until?

Because we should have to address it to the apporoprait people HSCF excutive along with Harar organizing committee to discuss with it

Quote:
Why postpone things that need "timely" discussion and solution?

Just because we need all hararis to help us to organize the 2006 event and we want it to be success

Quote:
Biraq
ps. Did you become addmin for this thread or for the whole Malasay?

Al harar asked me if I can help monitoring the forum during his absence when he tranveled to harar and i said ok I only monitored the forum not for the malasay.com websit.

Furthermore, I want you to help for the 2006 even what can you help Bro. Toronto is Like your home city and I want to you to participate

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote
malasay
Site Admin

Greetings brothers,

Personally i agree with Biraq. The event in Harar - 2007 is very daunting and we need to brain storm as much as we can. i think it is ok for those who can start to brainstorm now to do so. The mayor is the project manager for this event, and we can email him our suggestions.

And like the president said on the video message, it would be great if we can go to Harar in organized manner and list the needs we have.

I'm sure we are capable of multi-tasking.

Last edited by malasay on Sun Jul 30, 2006 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Biraq UL Harar

Thank you brothers Ahaa & Malassay),
Please forgive me if the tone of my writing looks negative.
I will not compare 2007 festival to anything and here are my reasons.
a) The celebration will take place at home
b) If we succeed all hararies and friends of harar will be happy and proud. Our enemies will be very sad. (Adawa yessebbarr)
c) If we fail all enemies of harar will be happy and look harraies down as if we are incapable of doing anything. (see the problem against our national interest????)
d) Again if we fail, Harari basher hararies, will say ? Awelum gaeyusue magel bilay mehaled yuqumell?, ? Atikahalu zayuna quwmiyachintana?. I am sorry to admit it but there are hararies who expect and want to found out our own failure( Nedibezo Alana).
e) It is a national pride or shame day depending on the out come
f) etc
My dear friends, It is true that I am frustrated and panicked. But I think my frustration and panic has legitimate reasons. As Harari, I don?t late my people and government fail (national obligation). It is up to concerned hararies to look every angle of the festival and contribute toward its success and to avoid the blame game after things happen (nedibezo enach alana).

Biraq

Ps. Toronto is my still my home and I help to the best of my ability for 2006
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Biraq UL Harar

Quote:
As you might not this section of the forum requires registeration since i didn't want our ugly discussions and fighting to be aired to the world. However, i'm thinking of one available for Harar 2007 since i believe it won't be as ugly as the hscf fiasco.

what do y'all think?

I believe in freedom of expression. Anything, which comes from anyone, is useful information. The only way we know the intent and plan of our friends and enemies is when we let them speak their mined (consider as if we are spaying on them). From what they say we will re-design our strategy and renew our commitment.
No room for national failure, this is the time when harar will see her friends and foes.
Biraq
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote
ahaa
Site Admin

Biraq UL Harar wrote:
Quote:
As you might not this section of the forum requires registeration since i didn't want our ugly discussions and fighting to be aired to the world. However, i'm thinking of one available for Harar 2007 since i believe it won't be as ugly as the hscf fiasco.

what do y'all think?

I believe in freedom of expression. Anything, which comes from anyone, is useful information. The only way we know the intent and plan of our friends and enemies is when we let them speak their mined (consider as if we are spaying on them). From what they say we will re-design our strategy and renew our commitment.
No room for national failure, this is the time when harar will see her friends and foes.
Biraq

I kind agree with brother Biraq yes freedom expression one can express hi/her self the wa they like. being the moderator if the comment is profain not alowed you can edit it or remove it based on the terms and requlation of the forum othere than that one can oppose or agree with ones openion.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:43 am Reply with quote
Biraq UL Harar

For the last three months there was a rumor that The Amharas want to hold their 2007 soccer tournament in Ethiopia. What is your opinion? Does this has to do something with what Hararies are planning to do? We have to be vigilant!!!

Biraq
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Biraq UL Harar

For the last five weeks it has been raining like hell in Abyssinia. That means it rains in July as I said it before on my previous posting. I hope somebody will pay attention to the schedule. Any body can call and verify or read about floorings from the web
Biraq
Considerations for Harar Cultural Fest...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:17 am Reply with quote
Ramani

Greetings to all!

Over the last couple of monthes, I personaly had the opportunity to take on a lot of reasearch into the festival world. I hope you find this posting of use in planning the upcoming event in Harar.

Today, in many parts of the world, festival events are used to significantly contribute to the economic and cultural development of a region. Festivals have a major impact on the development of cultural tourism to the hosting communities. You can read more about this aspect of the festival industry at the link below. The research was conducted by the UK Center for Events Management to study the overall impact and contribution of festival events.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ttri/pdf/conference/raj%20razaq.pdf

Some important points to consider:

*Objective - Since festivals have a far reaching impact, it is important to consider the audience, event size, accecebility and local infrastructure to support the event. This includes travel, hotel accomodation, food, how visitors will be transported to/out of the event site, and as the day approaches, event programs and information for visitors to look through not only about the festival but also about the city/area and points of interest. This helps visitors patronize local businesses/attractions during their stay.

Below are some points I would like to address as raised by Mr. Biraq :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1) July is month of ?Hamle? in Ethiopia, which winter i.e. rainy season?.in Ethiopia summer start around ?Tahsas? month which is December. Do we want our gathering in Harar in winter or summer?

*Weather - most festivals are held during the summer/spring season so rain and other issues associated with them are minimized. I am not sure how much rain falls in Harar during this season, but it should be a consideration since some/most people will be driving to Harar from Addis.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a)What will be the source of money for Harar to host this big fest?

*One source of funding for such an event could be the Ethio/Harar Tourism Commission. Since the event is planned to attract an international audience! Private funding can also be raised in the form of sponsorships and vendors. Sponsorships will allow local businesses to benefit by associating to the event and marketing them selves and their services to the attending audience in the event program, event site, web site and other marketing materials including magazine and DVD release.
A sponsoship package is required for this type of fund raising.

Sample Sponsorhip Packages:

http://indyfilmfest.org/sponsorship%20packet.pdf#search=%22festival%20sponsorship%20package%22
http://www.alabamapecanfestival.com/pecan29.html
http://riverfolkfestival.org/downloads/sponsor/sponsor_package_2006.pdf#search=%22festival%20sponsorship%20package%22
http://www.americanlebanesefestival.org/index.php?file=sponsor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. How many people will attend? Does the project manager deserve to have some sort of info to allocate his/her resources? How soon will the Afochas of Diaspora provide this info to the host?

*I can't really comment on the number of people that will attend but I will add this to the scope of the potential audience. Harar is one of the Historical Tourist Destination in Ethiopia next to Axum, Lalibela and other historical sites. Producing an annual event could further develop the regional economy by attracting a larger audience. Even though the Harari Fest started in the US to get Hararis together, in Harar, the point can shift from not only bringing Hararis together but also to open the city to the rest of the world under the motive of developing both: cultural tourism and regional economic development.

With this said, I hope you find this information usefull in planning the upcoming event. Below are links to more festival and festival industry sites. Enjoy!

http://www.rotw.org.uk/
http://www.festivalofsacredmusic.org/home.html
http://festivalnet.com/
http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/newadmin/editor/cffm/custom/File/Microsoft_Word_-_Festival_News.pdf#search=%22festival%20industry%22
www.Womad.org
http://www.aclfestival.com/default.aspx
2007 sport festival in harar
malasay.com Forum Index » Harar 2007